|Inquiry Design Model (IDM) Blueprint™|
|“Know Your Gifts”|
|NDNAEU 1 “Sacred Relatives”, NDNAEU 3 “Sharing & Generosity”, NDNAEU 4 “Sense of Humor”, NDNAEU 7 “Native Identity”|
|Compelling Question||What makes me special?|
|Standards and Practices||PSY.6_12.1-3.D4.1 Describe the interaction between hereditary vs. environment.|
PSY.6_12.1-3.D6.1 Explain types of motivation.
PSY.6_12.1-3.D6.2 Explain theories of emotion.
PSY.6_12.1-3.D8.1 Describe how group dynamics influence behavior.
PSY.6_12.1-3.D8.2 Describe how society influences an individual’s behavior.
PSY.6_12.1-3.D8.3 Explain the nature & effects of stereotyping, prejudice, discrimination, & racism.
|Staging the Question||How do I identify my gifts? Why are they important, to me? To others?|
|Supporting Question 1||Supporting Question 2||Supporting Question 3|
|What are my unique attributes?||What are the strengths of others?||Are these attributes included on their self-reflection visual?|
|Formative Performance Task||Formative Performance Task||Formative Performance Task|
• Watch video, We Begin with the Stars
• Brainstorm positive attributes
• Discuss their identifying strengths and gifts
• Self-reflect on discussion and create a visual representation of unique attributes which may include (but are not limited to)
o Interests – hobbies / sports
o Responsibilities – duties at home, school, work
o Strengths – sense of humor, caring, helpful, etc.
• Share visuals with class.
• Watch video, Give Until it Hurts
• Brainstorm & list positive attributes
Discuss similarities and differences with others in the group
• List positive attributes of those they admire
• Watch video, Humor Lifts Our Spirits
• Rethink and re-create their visual representation of their unique positive attributes
|Featured Sources||Featured Sources||Featured Sources|
|SUMMATIVE PERFORMANCE TASK: Supported Claim (written/spoken) or Demonstration of Process (project-based)||Discuss the importance of|
• being true to oneself
• setting achievable goals
• having a positive attitude.
|SUMMATIVE PERFORMANCE TASK: Extension||Reflect on the video clip…|
…to identify the “warrior” that helps and watches over me?
What is the warrior like?
Does it have a name?
|Taking Informed Action / Real World Application||Refine my strengths and gifts?|
Share my strengths with others?
Use my strengths and gifts to contribute to society and make a difference?