- What does the word mythological imply? Would it be more appropriate to call origin and other stories oral narratives rather than myths, tales, or legends?
- Protocol may be involved in storytelling: tobacco is offered to a grandfather who usually tells the stories.)
- What cultural concepts can be found in storytelling?
- Why is it important for young people to hear old stories in this day and age?
- Regard for and recognition of elders was stressed in the past. Should they and other values be addressed in current educational systems?
- What have you found to be true and useful in old stories you have heard?
- Can you think of a story that served you as a powerful learning tool? Could you tell one?
- Are there cultural or family stories will you want to share with your children or youth in the future?
- Would you have a protocol for your story telling? For example, there are best times to tell stories (at bedtime, in the winter, etc.).