- Why did the grandpa compare school to “breaking or training a horse?” How was it similar?
- Where is St. Michael’s Boarding School? Is it still open? Who attended it and when?
- Why were they not allowed to speak in their Native language?
- Why was learning English so important?
- Why was prayer an important part of the boarding school experience?
- Why were physical punishments used with the students?
- Have I ever been forced to do something I really didn’t want to do?
- When was the first time I remember staying away from home? What was it like? Who did I stay with?
- Is school something that has good memories or bad memories or both for me? Why?
- Have I ever had to learn about something I had no interest in? What was that experience like and how did I get through it?
- Have I ever been in a place where everyone spoke a language different from mine? What was it like?
- Has physical punishment ever been a part of my life?