- What is an example of a “male way” of doing something in the Dakota culture?
- What is an example of a “female way” of doing something in the Dakota culture?
- What is a takoja?
- What are some of the Dakota words that Eugene used? Can you identify and translate some of the things he shared?
- What does it mean to pray for the future?
- Are there certain things that I learned to do because I am a male/female? Who taught me those things?
- Are languages other than English spoken in my home? How does the use of another language change the way I relate to the people in my home?
- What are my own feelings about prayer? Is it important to me? To others in my life?
- What might it be like to have someone pray for my future or to pray for my own future?
- How would it feel to know something about my future?