- Who are people in our nation’s history who have been or continue to be oppressed? What caused or continues to cause the oppression?
- Why is it sometimes difficult for groups of people to be heard, seen as equal, become more educated?
- How do issues of oppression connect to epidemics of incarceration and addiction?
- What issues sometime prevent groups of people from being successful?
- How does Bismarck/Mandan, being the largest urban concentration of Native American people, affect culture and language development as indigenous people living outside the reservation?
- In what ways does the living environment help or hinder native people?
- Why is it important to build trust in communities prior to starting a program like the Indian Center Lorraine is working on?
- Have I ever experienced a form of oppression? What caused it and is it still happening today?
- What is an example of a time in my own life that I felt like I wasn’t being heard around an important issue? How did I deal with it?
- Have I dealt with incarceration or addiction personally? What has allowed me to work through or past it?
- Have I ever been in a group of people for an extended period of time who were from the same cultural and language background as me? What was it like?
- What was my own living environment like when I grew up? How did it help/hinder me?
- Are there issues of trust in my own life that I struggle with? Why?