- What was life like in the 1930’s in rural North Dakota?
- What kinds of things were challenges for families living on farms?
- What kinds of problems did grasshoppers cause?
- How did people make it through the 1930’s with all of the challenges?
- What kinds of crops did people grow in rural North Dakota?
- What kind of machinery or equipment were available to farmers in the 30’s?
- What do I know about my own family’s history through the 1930’s?
- Are there stories of hardship? Triumph? Defeat?
- Did that time in history change my family in ways that were unexpected?
- Have I, or my family, ever been through a true hardship? How did I/we make it through?
- What does it mean to work hard? What does it look like in my life?
- Have I been through something in my life where I might say, “I survived?”