- Why would the students at a boarding school need to take food from the dining rooms to have in their own rooms?
- Why would the teachers need to check the students as they leave the dining rooms to see if they had food?
- In what way did Mary and her friends “problem solve” by putting peanut butter on the palms of their hands and fruit/buns inside the elastic of their bloomers?
- Why were students not allowed food when they were hungry?
- Have I ever been limited in how much food I was allowed to have? Why was I limited?
- Have I ever experienced hunger? What was it like?
- What would it be like to be hungry on a regular basis?
- Have I ever had to creatively problem solve an issue where someone else was in control of me in some way? What was it like?