- What is a boarding school?
- What was the boarding school at Bismarck like?
- Why did students ride a train to school?
- Why did students live at boarding schools?
- Why were boarding school experiences similar to military experiences?
- What purpose did marching serve for moving from one place to another?
- Why did children have to wear government clothing?
- Mary talked about the people at the boarding school “checking them all out.” What were they checking them for?
- Have I ever been away from home at a very young age? Was it by choice?
- What was it like for me when I had to be away from home?
- Have I ever been in a situation by myself where everything was new and different and completely unusual to me?
- Do I have experience with the military? What was it like?
- What is my first memory of school?
- How do I feel about school?