- What animals are hunted in North Dakota?
- What kinds of edible plants are found in North Dakota?
- What crops are grown in North Dakota and where are they grown?
- What animals are found on North Dakota ranches?
- How are plants preserved?
- What is “dagaatch?”
- How would the dried corn and chokecherries be used in the winter?
- What is my family’s experience with farming?
- Are there ways that my family currently “lives off the land?”
- Do I harvest or use plants found in nature? How is that different from a planned garden?
- Do I know where the food that I eat comes from?
- How does it change my relationship to my food when I either grow it myself or know where it comes from?