- What is a boarding school?
- Why were students not allowed to speak in their native languages?
- Why was soap used as a punishment?
- How was the soap made?
- Why was it important for the students to learn English?
- How does humor help a difficult situation?
- Have I ever been punished for something that wasn’t my fault? What did it feel like?
- Have I ever had something about my family or myself that was misunderstood or even made fun of by others? What was the experience like?
- Have I ever experienced physical punishment? What was the reason for it and how did I respond?
- Have I ever been in a situation where I didn’t understand the language that was being spoken around me? What was it like?
- What role does humor play in my life in relation to difficult times?