“Learn About” Questions
- Where is the land base of the Apache People?
- Who were Lewis and Clark and what role did they play in the United States’ history?
- In what ways were Native American people involved in the work that Lewis and Clark did? Who were some of the Native Americans who were involved at that time?
- How does perspective impact the learning of lessons, especially when related to our nation’s history?
- In what ways were the Native children who traveled with Lewis and Clark impacted when they returned home?
- What are some contributions of Native People who live near me?
“Learn From” Questions
- What do I know about my own family’s history?
- Do I have any reason to believe that what I have been taught about my family’s history might not be true?
- Have I ever experienced a time where I felt my personal story would not be heard in a good way or that I felt I needed to hide it? What was the experience like for me?
- Have I ever learned about something in school that didn’t match what I know to be true from my family?
- Do I see examples of people who look like me or have a similar history to me in my day to day life in school or work? How does it impact me and my identity?
- Have I been in a situation where I suddenly was made aware of a part of history that I didn’t know about or had inaccurate knowledge of? How did I respond to that situation?