- Where are Hidatsa speakers primarily found in North Dakota?
- Is it possible to translate Hidatsa directly into English without losing meaning or nuance?
- Why do Native Americans use their lips to point out direction? Is it similar to other methods of pointing found in other cultures?
- Why might words for directions (north, south, right left) not have been used in the Hidatsa language?
- What creates humor in a story or a joke?
- How does humor change the way we experience a story?
- Have I ever learned a joke in a language other than the one I speak normally? How does the language change the way I experience the joke?
- Are there jokes told in my family whenever we gather? Why do family jokes tend to be retold when the family is together?
- What causes jokes told in my family to lose their humor when told outside of the family?