- What were the tipi poles gathered for in this story?
- Why was it important that Demus prepared them?
- What role did the poles play in this story?
- How did his grandpa heal the man?
- Why did Demus have to cut up the poles after the man was healed?
- How did Demus’s grandma heal him and his sister?
- Why was Demus afraid?
- Have I known someone who was deathly ill? What was my relationship to him/her and how did it impact me?
- Have I ever experienced seeing someone healed from a serious illness? How did it happen?
- Have I ever seen myself as playing a vital role in someone’s story? What was it?