- What does it mean to say that “Children are being educated to be Americans?” How does it impact communities on the reservations?
- How does education change fighting from weapons to words and paper? What is the impact?
- What treaties have impacted native communities on Fort Berthold?
- What are some examples of broken treaties and promises on Fort Berthold?
- How was electricity created in Elbow Woods?
- How did the timeline of the flooding of the Missouri River impact the people who lived there?
- What does Charles mean when he says, “It wasn’t a ‘white’ thing, it was a ‘governmental’ thing.”
- How has this governmental decision continued to impact the people in this area?
- In what ways did this series of events create a lack of trust among the people living on or near Fort Berthold?
- What does it mean to me to be an “American?” How does it impact my identity?
- How does my family view education? What role does formal education play in my life? Are there ways I am educated in non-formal ways?
- Have I ever experienced a broken promise from the government? (at any level…local, state, federal) How did this broken promise impact me?
- Is there a culture or race that my family or I have been “at odds” with? What caused the division? Does the division still exist?