- How can humor be used to overcome difficulties?
- How do some stories of hurt or trauma become funny stories?
- What is an example of humor and also resiliency in Kathy’s story about her mother’s boarding school experience?
- In what ways did the sneaking of biscuits create an opportunity for both humor and strength in her mother’s life?
- Have I ever experienced a difficult situation that seemed impossible to get through? What helped me to move through the difficult time?
- Do I have stories that are funny now but at the time were tragic or very serious? What helped me to make the shift?
- Does my family have humorous stories that have been passed down through the generations? When are they told and by who?