- How does the following quote from Crazy Horse exemplify the importance of sharing and generosity in his life? “As long as you come in, you could spend the night, be fed, drink the waters, and you would be cared for.” – Crazy Horse
- What does JT’s quote that follows mean for us? “Our future is dependent on the survival of remembering who we are as a people and protecting our homelands and our sacred sites – protecting them but still at the same time remembering the gifts of sharing and generosity.” – JT Shining OneSide
- How does JT’s story about her father buying groceries for families exemplify traditional Chippewa values?
- How does JT’s story about her mother caring for others’ children exemplify traditional Chippewa values?
- How do I feel about sharing what I have with others? Does it come easy to me? Why or why not?
- How would I describe “who I am” as a part of my bigger family and community to others?
- Have I ever received a gift that I was unable to ever repay? How did it feel?
- Have I ever given a gift to someone who could not return the favor to me? How did it feel?